Bring some fresh summer vibes into your home by transforming your indoor and outdoor spaces with decor that embraces the season. Have a look below for some exciting ideas on how you can add seasonal accents and simple updates that will evoke a summertime feel. Our roundup of summer decorating ideas will help you create a bright and sunny environment that will be perfect for entertaining.
Below each of the images is further details on product sources and links to each of the Instagrammer’s home pages. While you are there, be sure to give us a follow, @onekindesign!
Tell Us: Which one of these summer decorating ideas do you find most inspiring and why in the Comments below!
1. Home Sweet Home. Create an inviting entrance into your home beginning with the front door. Add some fresh blooms such as hydrangeas cut from your garden. The one on display is snowball hydrangeas in a galvanized pot. Stacked crates add a farmhouse touch and a fun way to display your plants. A wreath and a doormat provide the finishing touches. The wreath is from @antiquefarmhouse, while the doormat is from Target. (via @simpledecorwithamy)
2. Entertaining In The Great Outdoors. It’s that time of year to enjoy alfresco dining. Invite family and friends over for an outdoor dinner party with a backdrop of your garden or the woods. The stand is from Anthropologie, adorned with garland and string lights. A hanging lantern brings ambiance. The table linens, wood chargers, green leaf plates, glass vases, vintage-inspired glassware, tea lights, string lights, LED lanterns, and white outdoor pillows came from @christmastreeshops. Be sure to add some freshly cut flowers from your garden onto your table for visual appeal and aroma. (via @homestoriesatoz)
3. Simple Summer Centerpiece. On this beautiful dining table, a small bundle of eucalyptus adds a fresh, simple arrangement. The chairs are painted in a sage color called Col. Whit (chalk paint) by Southern Honey, adding a summery vibe to this space. The oak table is a DIY project, stripped down and re-stained with a Walnut stain. It was diluted with Mineral Spirits to create a very light stain. The wall color is Accessible Beige by Sherwin Williams. (via @liveoaknest)
4. Light And Airy Breakfast Room. The beautiful flower print chairs were inspired by @chairwhimsy, bringing a fresh summer vibe to this space. The table is from @potterybarn and the two white side chairs are by Hooker furniture. (via @southrngrlhome)
5. Decorate With Antiques. This 1700s home is adorned with beautiful antiques such as this refinished antique spayed leg table. The table provides a light and airy feel to the space, adorned with a basket from @laurelgroveshop filled with stems that can bring the perfect touch of summer into your home. The basket on the floor filled with pillows is from @recycledrelicsandantique. Similar clear glass vases can be found at World Market. The wall sconce is from Pottery Barn. (via @teahousedesigns)
6. Simple Summer Styling. Add a fresh touch of summer into your home with lilacs. Here, a bar cart is used to display a galvanized bucket of freshly cut lilacs. You can also add faux lilac stems or any summer bouquet that inspires you. Since the bar cart is on wheels, it can be moved to anywhere in your home that you need to bring some summer vibes, especially when you are entertaining! (via @featherglass)
7. Dreamy Summer Porch. Welcome guests into your home with fresh summery vibes. The pretty wreath on the front doors is by @the.accidental.farmgirl. The shutters are painted in Earl Grey SW 7660 – Sherwin-Williams. Add a wooden “Welcome” sign, similar can be found at Kirkland’s. Add some potted plants to complete the look. The hanging porch swing is perfect for enjoying the summer months outdoors. (via @mysouthern_farmhouse)
8. A Sunshine-Filled Entry. This farmhouse entry is layered with beautiful decor. The console table was sourced from @magnolia. The window frame, flowers, basket, beads, table runner trivet, and floor pillow were all sourced from the homeowner’s shop, The Refined Farmhouse. A similar ladder can be found at Kirkland’s. Grounding this entry space, the area rug is from @boutiquerugs. (via @the_refinedfarmhouse)
9. Pretty Farmhouse Porch. This covered porch is refreshing and inviting with the gate, fairy lights, vintage kids’ chairs, the shabby chic feel, and nature as the backdrop. Fresh hydrangeas bring a summery vibe to this cozy outdoor space. (via @farmhousefourwinds)
10. Bright & Fresh Bedroom. This inviting bedroom was decorated for summer with a soft, subtle airy feel. A color palette of whites, soft grays, and pretty greens mix beautifully with the warmth of the wood tones. The chandelier adds a romantic touch to this bedroom, sourced from @antiquefarmhouse. The sheets with the ruffles are from Pine Cone Hill, while the Laura Ashley quilt is from @macys. (via @thehumblehavenagain)
11. Welcoming Entry. The front doors of this country house were custom made with knotty alder. They are stained with @minwaxusa Golden Oak. The door wreaths are from @the.accidental.farmgirl. (via @forever.six.acres)
12. A Magical Porch. String lights and lanterns make this porch a warm and cozy oasis for summer nights spent enjoying the great outdoors. (via @happydaysfarm)
13. Dough Bowl Centerpiece. Bring a fresh touch of summer into your home with a simple dining table centerpiece. The accent will bring a cozy and welcoming feel. The dough bowl is filled with decorative orbs and faux lemons, found at @kirklands. Woven seagrass round placemats will add a natural touch to your tablescape. (via @mysouthern_farmhouse)
14. Summer Vibes On The Porch. This charming porch is perfect for summer entertaining. The pillows are from @kirklands, while the table is from @ctpantiques. On the floor, the rug is from @hobbylobby. The porch bed swing is custom made by the homeowner and can be found in their shop, The Refined Farmhouse. (via @the_refinedfarmhouse)
15. Summer Theme Tablescape. Layer your outdoor table with placemats, summery melamine plates, outdoor drinkware, and some garland for the centerpiece. Sprinkle in some faux lemons for a fresh summertime vibe. All of the decor and the chairs were sourced from Walmart. The metal chairs were layered with colorful braided placemats from Pioneer Women. You could also place some vibrant cushions on top of the chairs for added comfort. (via @homestoriesatoz)
16. Greenhouse Summer Cottage Vibes. This calm and romantic space is perfect for lounging and entertaining. How charming are those flamingo pillows! (via @farmhousefourwinds)
17. A Welcoming Farmhouse Entryway. Bringing fresh summertime vibes, this cheery space features a powder blue door, pops of pale pink as an accent color, and galvanized metal wall vases filled with faux stems. (via @mysouthern_farmhouse)
18. Cozy Porch Swing. This cozy porch of a home in Florida offers dreamy water views. A cozy place to spend the summer, lounging and entertaining family and friends. The porch swing was custom fabricated by a local handyman. The black rocking chairs are from Walmart. The porch ceiling is painted in Atmospheric SW 6505 – Sherwin-Williams. (via @lakefrontfarmhouse)
You are reading an article curated by https://onekindesign.com/